02 February 2010

Finishing Touches

- Lesson 5 02/02/10 -
In this lesson, my group and I finished the editing that was still needed. We then realised that some of the sounds were out of place on the video and so Henna and I went into the corridor while Robert finished adding transitions to the clips. We recorded the sound of her stamping to put over the clip of Robert walking, and took it back to the computer but it hadn't recorded properly and so we had to go out and redo it. This time it worked and we then added the sounds to the video. Finally we created a title section and added our names so that the exam board would know who were in the video and then we exported it into a format that could be used on DVDs and a format that could be uploaded to YouTube. The video was then uploaded onto YouTube so that we would be able to get the embed code that would allow us to use it on our blog, as seen below.

For the end of the lesson I started looking at thriller film openings to get a feel for what they were like.

The above video is our finished Preliminary Task piece. I think that it came out well, apart from the bad lighting in the shots taken over my shoulder. I like the use of camera angles that we used and I think the cuts were in the right places, but I think we used too many transitions (fade, wipe) that makes the video look worse than if we had used straight cuts. We know how to rectify our mistakes for the main task so that it will look as good as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment